Create a strong and healthy stepfamily, one STEP at a time
MARY T. KELLY, M.A. is a marriage and family psychotherapist and writer who has been specializing in working with women who are dating, partnered with or married to men with children, step-couples and stepfamilies for over 20 years.
She has a private practice in Boulder, Colorado and also works with clients via Zoom domestically and internationally.
Additionally, Mary runs support groups, both face-to-face in Boulder and online.
She is a contributing writer for Huffington Post and StepMom Magazine.
Here are some of the main points from Mary's interview:
- Why we get caught up thinking about exes (it's evolutionary!)
- How to avoid letting negative thoughts consume us
- Mary challenges the notion that your partner can be easily manipulated by hi ex
- We talked about the “give – give” concept and when to apply it
- setting boundaries and developing a solid relationship with oneself
- discussion of the grief and loss experienced in remarriage with children
(the full version of this session runs 0:56:53)