Create a strong and healthy stepfamily, one STEP at a time
Laura Petherbridge serves couples and single adults with topics on women’s issues, relationships, stepfamilies, co-parenting, single parenting, divorce prevention, and divorce recovery.
She is an international speaker and author of, When “I Do” Becomes “I Don’t”—Practical Steps for Healing During Separation and Divorce, The Smart Stepmom, co-authored with stepfamily expert Ron Deal, 101 Tips for The Smart Stepmom , Quiet Moments for the Stepmom Soul, a devotional and Seeking a Silent Night: Unwrapping a Stepfamily Christmas. Her most recent project, Stepfamilies of the Bible: What They Can Teach Us, is due to release 2024.
Laura has spoken at numerous events including: The Billy Graham Training Center, Lifeway, MomLife Today, Hearts at Home, FamilyLife Blended, MOPS, and Iron Sharpens Iron conferences.
In addition to the USA, she has spoken in Australia and South Africa.
Laura is a featured expert on the DivorceCare DVD series, which has equipped more than 16,000 churches worldwide. She and her husband of 37 years, Steve, reside in Atlanta. She has 2 married stepsons, and 2 grandchildren.
Here are some of the main points from Laura's interview:
- How stepmothers struggle to balance different roles in different stages of the journey
- Why it’s important to control one's thoughts and mindset and ways to overcome negative thinking
- What to do if you fear angering your partner or appearing unloving to your stepchildren
- The need to set healthy boundaries and communicate effectively
- How can stepmoms find their purpose in a stepfamily
(the full version of this session runs 0:39:06)