Key Points: During this session, the following topics were discussed:
- Expectations stepmoms and even society has and why it’s not working
- Focus on parenting and stepparenting teenagers
- What does it mean to disengage, especially teenagers
- Why disengaging is key to staying sane
- Why it’s important for couples and individuals that are in stepfamilies to seek professional help
Watch: The 24-hour full-video replay window has now ended. Here is a snippet of the interview. If you wish to own the complete version, go to thestepfamilysummit.com/shop/
Speaker’s offer: (click link to access)
Speaker Bio: Jennifer Korb bio
Great insights about the impact of adding “step” prefaces to words that already have defined meaning, like the word/concept attached to mother. Words carry weight.
Yes! “Behind the scenes” is one of the best analogies I have heard, especially as a fellow stepmom without bio kids. And I too have thanked my parents after dealing with step-teenagers. Thank you!
Thank you Jennifer and Claudettte!!! Your knowledge and wisdom is extremely helpful!!!! My husband heard close to the end about “We just want recognition on our thoughts/opinions and how difficult it must be”. He commented that makes sense. We shall see.
Thank you Melissa